It seems you are using Internet Explorer 11, which is not supported by this website. We recommend Google Chrome for the best browsing experience.

What does 'organic' bread mean ?

Organic production refers to an overall farm management and food production system. This system combines best environmental practices, a high level of biodiversity, the preservation of natural resources, the application of high animal welfare standards, and a production method using natural substances and processes. Organic production never uses chemical fertilizers or pesticides.

As per EU legislation, foods may be labelled ‘organic’ only when at least 95% of their agricultural ingredients meet the necessary standards. The remaining 5% of non-organic ingredients should be part of a list that is approved by EU legislation.

Organic production outlaws the use of genetically modified organisms and derived products.

(EC) No 271/2010