The purposes for which we process your personal data depend on how you enter in contact with us.
You browse on our website
You contact us (e.g. by filling in a form on our website, by sending us an e-mail)
- We process your personal data in order to answer and manage your request (e.g. request for information, subscription to our newsletter, complaint). This processing is based on your consent.
You create a personal account on our website or purchase Puratos products/services
- We process your personal data for client management, based upon the performance of the contract to which you are a party. Without your personal data, we cannot perform this contract.
- We may also process your personal data for the direct marketing of our products/services, based upon our legitimate interests. We believe that it is important to keep you, as our client, informed about our products/services. This processing may involve compiling a profile. This profiling has no effect on you, except to the extent that this processing activity might lead to enhancement of customer experience and personalized offers, which is an advantage for you. The provision of your personal data for this purpose is not a requirement and you can object to this processing (see article 8 below).
You subscribe to a Puratos activity
- We may process your personal data when you register for a Puratos activity (eg an event, a workshop or a webinar) because this is necessary for the performance of our agreement with you to organize this activity. We may do this in collaboration with commercial partners with whom we may share your data based on their legitimate interest in knowing who is registering.
- We may also use your personal data for direct marketing of our business based on our legitimate interests. We consider it important to keep you as our customer informed about our activities. This processing may consist of the creation of a profile. Creating a profile does not affect you, except that this processing can lead to an improved customer experience and tailored offers, which is an advantage for you. The provision of your personal data for this purpose is not a requirement and you can object to this processing (see article 8 below).
Your registration for and participation in the Puratos Sensory programme
The Puratos Sensory programme aims at helping us to better understand consumers’ food expectations and taste preferences. We give you the opportunity to taste our products, to participate in group discussions, to be interviewed and/or to answer certain questions. Your feedback allows us to improve our products and services as well as those of our partners. To that extent, we process the following categories of personal data:
- your contact details (e.g. your name, postal address and email address) for sending products and questionnaires. This processing is based upon the necessity for performing our agreement with you. Without your contact details, we are unable to register your participation in the Puratos Sensory programme.
- other personal data that you have provided to us by answering the questionnaires (e.g. your food habits). We process this personal data based on our legitimate interest in better understanding your preferences and that allows us to send you (questions about) products that might be of interest to you. You are not obliged to provide us with this information.
- personal data concerning your health or religious beliefs if you provide us with such information when answering questions that are related to such matters. We do this processing with a view to ensuring your safety (regarding food allergies) and respecting your beliefs (such as any food restrictions), in the context of your participation in our Puratos Sensory programme. We only process this personal data after we have received your explicit consent by answering such questions.
- the information you have provided us with by answering our questionnaires after tasting our products or during interviews or group discussions. This data will be processed based upon the necessity for performing our agreement with you as processing your feedback is part of the participation in our Puratos Sensory Programme. Once received we will pseudonymize and aggregate this data to gain more knowledge about what the public likes about our products or services (or those of our partners).
In any case
- We may process your personal data for the management of compliance and disputes (eg prevention of unlawful activities, prevention of abuse of the Puratos group’s resources, defense of legal claims).
- We may anonymize your personal data and process aggregate data for research and development, based on our legitimate interests (eg statistics about sales, market analysis, development of products/services). Within the Puratos group, we believe that research and development can lead to enhancement of customer experience, product improvement and innovation, which will help the persons concerned by our products/services (such as customers, distributors, suppliers and end consumers). The provision of your personal data for this purpose is not a requirement and you can object to this processing (see article 8 below). Research and development may involve compiling a profile. All identifying elements, such as your name, your address, etc., are eliminated. This profiling has no effect on you, except to the extent that this processing activity might lead to enhancement of customer experience, product improvement and innovation, which is an advantage for you.
- Puratos NV may also process your personal data as a controller, at a group level, for global management and global research, based on its legitimate interests, those of the other group entities and their stakeholders. We believe that this is necessary for the efficiency, consistency and continuity of the Puratos group operations and for the enhancement of customer experience, product improvement and innovation, which will help the persons concerned by our products/services and eventually contribute to safeguarding and promoting the economic, commercial, social and financial interests of the Puratos group. The provision of your personal data for this purpose is not a requirement and you can object to this processing (see article 8 below).
- We may process your personal data for the direct marketing of our products/services and of the products/services of other companies of the Puratos group, based upon your consent, to the extent that you give such consent.