17 May 2017
Poire Belle Hélène
1. Mix all dough ingredients except for Mimetic 32 for 3 minutes at slow speed and 3 minutes at high speed.
2. Keep the dough temperature at 21°C.
3. Roll out the dough on the laminator at 9 mm.
4. Let the dough rest in the freezer for 30 minutes.
5. Place Mimetic 32 in the dough, and then give one double fold and one single fold.
6. Place in chiller at 5°C until the next day.
7. On the second day, give one double fold and one single fold.
8. Laminate the dough at 2 mm, and cut squares of 8 x 8 cm.
9. Place them in square silpat moulds of 5 x 5 cm.
10. Mix all filling ingredients together and let rest for 3 minutes.
11. Then make the filling smoother using a whisk in a planetary mixer for 3 minutes.
12. Bring all poached pears ingredients to boil, then put the pears in the mix and poach for 2 hours.
13. Pipe a spiral of filling on top of the dough and put a nicely shaped poached pear in the middle of the mould.
14. Let rest for 60 minutes.
15. Bake the puff pastry at 215°C for 30 minutes.
16. After the puff pastry is cooled down, glaze with Harmony Classic Neutre, and dip the bottom in melted Carat Coverlux Dark.
17. Sprinkle some powder sugar on the edges.